· Forthcoming: 26-30 July 2017. Presenting paper at , MacDonald Institute of Archaeological Research, Cambridge.
· Forthcoming: 6-9 July 2017. Keynote speaker at , Center for Theology, Science & Human Flourishing, University of Notre Dame London Gateway
· March 18-19 2017 (with Thorsten Kahlert). GIS and Terrain-Mapping in Tràng An, Vietnam. Presented at the International Workshop, Ninh Binh, Vietnam
· February 2-3 2017 (with M. Grove), position paper on ‘Modelling informed by anthropology and ethnography’ for Coping with Climate: the Legacy of Homo heidelbergensis AHRC workshop, University of Brighton.
· April 15-19 2015. Using networks to investigate material identities in the Epipalaeolithic and early Neolithic of the Near East. Presented at the Society of American Archeology, San Francisco, CA.
· January 9-11 2014. Identity, social networks and material environments in the Epipalaeolithic and early Neolithic of the Near East. Presented at
· April 2013. Getting to grips with the very earliest social networks: The challenges of using network methodologies to tackle Palaeolithic datasets. Presented at the Society for American Anthropology conference, Honolulu, HI.
· March 24-25, 2012. Co-organised with A. Collar & T. Brughmans, a two-day symposium at the University of Southampton: Watch many of the presentations
· December 2011. Session co-organised with A. Collar & T. Brughmans: The connected past: people, networks and complexity in archaeology and history. Presented at CentralTAG, University of Birmingham.
· January 2011. How stuff made us: aesthetics, emotion and intelligence in human evolution. Presented at CAHO10: unravelling the Palaeolithic. 10 years of research at the Centre for the Archaeology of Human Origins.
· December 2010 ‘Thick’ networks? More-than-human networks in context in the Epipalaeolithic and early Neolithic of the Near East. Presented at TAG. University of Bristol.
· April 2010 Grounding the net: networks, environments and material culture in the Epipalaeolithic and early Neolithic of the Near East (~21-6,000 cal BP), Presented at the Society for American Archaeology 75th Anniversary Conference, St. Louis, MO.
· February 2010 Self, display and concealment: constructing networks of identity in the Epipalaeolithic and early Neolithic of the Near East. Presented at The creation of ‘homes’ in the earliest farming period in Eurasia, joint research day sponsored by Durham University Institute of advanced study, the prehistoric society and Durham department of archaeology.
· December 2009 (with ) Hominin neural ontogeny and socialization. Presented at the Visual Display Seminar, CAHO, University of Southampton.
· September 2009 Bodies as context: burial and materiality in the Epipalaeolithic and early Neolithic of the Near East. Presented at
· 2008 Casting the net wide: materiality and social networks in the Epipalaeolithic and early Neolithic of the Near East. Presented at TAG, University of Southampton.
· 2008 Small Worlds, material culture and ancient Near Eastern social networks. Presented at the British Academy Centenary Research Project Symposium Social Brain, Distributed Mind.
· 2007. Human Person, Animal Person: a relational geography of Quaternary hunters. Presented at the Royal Geographical Society/IBG Annual International Conference.
· 2007. (with C. Gamble) While my guitar gently weeps: emotion, material culture and human evolution. Presented at ‘The Sapient Mind: where archaeology and neuroscience meet’ Conference, MacDonald Institute for Archaeological research, University of Cambridge.
· 2007 Lived space, built space: corporal and material culture and the earliest architecture. Presented at the Architecture in the Space of Flows Conference, the Culture Lab, Newcastle.
· 2007 From Lucy to Language: the archaeology of the social brain. Durham Archaeological and Architectural Society.
· 2006 Movement, Activity and Interaction: an ecosystemic approach to prehistory. Royal Geographical Society/IBG Annual International Conference 2006. In the ‘Mobilities, Catchments and Quaternary Landscapes: geography, archaeology and the work of E. S. Higgs’ session.
· 2006 From single neurons to social brains, with Matt Grove. Presented at the Theoretical Archaeology Group Conference, University of Exeter.
· 2006 Metaphor and Materiality in earliest prehistory, with Clive Gamble. Presented at the Cognitive Life of Things Conference, MacDonald Institute of Archaeological Research, University of Cambridge. 2006 Architecture and networks in the Levantine Epipalaeolithic. Lucy to Language: the Archaeology of the Social Brain workshop, University of Liverpool.
· 2006 The Materiality of the Social Brain. Palaeolithic and Quaternary Interest Group Seminar, Institute of Archaeology, University College London.
· 2006 Movement, Activity and Interaction in the archaeological record: an ecosystemic approach to prehistory. Palaeolithic/Mesolithic Group seminar, University of Cambridge
· 2004 Transitions, Change And Identity: The Middle And Upper Palaeolithic Of Vasco-Cantabrian Spain. Theoretical Archaeology Group Conference, University of Glasgow.
· 2004 Transitions, change and identity in the Middle and Upper Palaeolithic of western Europe. Embodied Histories workshop, University of Southampton.